January 2, 2015

Baked Curly Fries

So I got a vegetable spiralizer for christmas, and I have not been able to stop using it. There are just so many things you can make with it! I'll have a couple more spiral vegetable recipes coming up soon, but for now I thought I'd start off with an easy baked curly fry recipe. These fries are delicious and go great with a veggie wrap! 



Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 Medium Yukon Gold Potato $1.00
  • 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil $0.06
  • 1 Tablespoon Rosemary $0.18

Serving Size: 1/2 potato
Total Servings: 2
Price Per Serving:  $0.62
Nutrition (per serving):
      Calories: 60
      Carbs:  9g
      Fat:  3g
      Protein: 1g

This recipe can be made with pretty much any potato you want. I made them with Yukon Gold potatoes, but you could also do sweet potatoes or just regular russet potatoes.


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

My spiralizer is the Paderno 3-Blade Spiralizer. They're usually between 30 and 40 dollars and I think its totally worth it, but there are some other cheaper options. The Veggetti is about 15 dollars and I've heard great things about them also.

No need to peel the potato, just stick it on and go! I used the chipper blade (the larger triangles) to get a good size fry.



Place the spiralized potatoes in a bowl and add the olive oil on top. Toss to combine and sprinkle with a little bit of salt. Then spread them out on a baking sheet and place them in the oven for 15 minutes.




While the potatoes are baking, chop your rosemary into small pieces.




Take out the potatoes and flip them over, they should just be starting to brown. Then sprinkle the rosemary over the top and place back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes.




Remove from the oven and they're ready to serve! To make them extra special, sprinkle a little parmesan cheese over the top.




Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment