September 5, 2014

My Story

My name is Kayla, and I love food.

I've always loved cooking. When I was little my dad would let me stand on a step stool and help him in the kitchen by cracking eggs for waffles or cutting veggies for simple dishes like tabouleh. I loved helping him, and eventually I  developed a love for cooking. As I grew older I began to do some cooking on my own. I would try to make cakes from scratch without a recipe, which often led to entire cakes going in the trash, but that never stopped me from trying again.

I was involved in a lot of sports growing up. I played soccer all through elementary and middle school, with softball and volleyball making their way in there later on. However, when I got to high school, I quit sports to be in the marching band, and my love of carbs and calories caught up to me. I ended up gaining about 50 pounds throughout high school, and when I got to college, I decided enough was enough.

I spent the majority of my freshman year of college in and out of the rec center, and did my best to avoid the pizza and tacos calling my name in the dining hall. It was hard eating salads and sandwiches almost everyday, but I knew that if i didn't change now, I never would. With a lot of hard work, determination, and support from friends and family, I was able to lose 40 pounds, and Ive never felt better!

But as I begin my sophomore year of college, without the luxury of a dining hall, I now have to cook clean and healthy meals on a small budget, something I have found to be relatively easy. I realize that not everyone feels this way though, and thats why I have decided to start this blog, so I can help others who want to eat healthy, and deliciously, on a budget.

I plan on providing weekly recipes, easy step by step instructions, and approximate nutritional information. Im no health expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt. This is what works for me, but everyone has different needs, do what works for you!

With that being said, lets get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment